Sunday 12 April 2015

Week 16 General Conference

Week 16 General Conference!!!

Yes this week we had the beautiful blessing to attend all 5 sessions of General Conference, that is 10hours :O I was afraid that I would fall asleep, but i took notes and that kept me awake! We were able to get 2 Investigators and a Less active to the conference also :D But the talks that hit me were yes as always Elder Jeffrey R. Holland and Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I love the things you shared about some of the talks that impacted you Mum, just listening to the talks from the 1st Saturday morning conference whereas basically all the talks were based upon families and marriage. Its an obvious top subject and a true ordinance that we must all embark on one day, but at this moment here on the mission field im not worrying about it. Im here to serve the Lord, i can worry about myself later. Of course there is a need to focus on our future but at this present moment i will leave to the Lords hands.  I have been able to focus on many positive things about life, many positive things about my future. The Lord, The Apostles and the Prophet Thomas S. Monson have helped me to understand to never give up. "Twas I, but Tis not I" is a quote an apostle said, meaning "It was me, but it is not who I am". Who am I? is the question I have pondered on.. Am i who he wants me to be, am i doing what he wants me to do? am i where he wants me to be. No. I am who he needs me to be, im doing what he needs me to do, and i am where he needs me most. "You have been suffered here for a reason" We have been working with a young man who was baptised back in Auckland, he has been here in Mildura for 8months now looking for a job with no success. Yet he is living in his sisters house with a house full of non-members. One of his nieces is our new investigator, we expressed to him that he is here for a reason, he met us for a reason, the Lord knows that reason so find HIM.

The journey that I have overgone in my life was all done for a reason. The experiences i have endured throughout my life have helped me to become who i am today. You, Dad, Family, Catherine, My Close Boys, My school friends, Home teachers, Church Leaders (Both Mormon and other Religons) have ALL impacted my personal growth. The things i have learned, the support i have recieved, all helped me to become WHO I AM. So who am i? Well I am Taylor Matamaru Takairangi Makai, I have been born of goodly parents who love me and i love them. I am surrounded by the love of family and friends, who strives not to lead by example, but to show them who is leading by example. Our savior Jesus Christ. Twas I, But Tis not I. I was a boy once, but now im becoming a man. So what does it mean to become a man? 
1Cor 13:11 - "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child, but when i became a man, I put away childish things." <--- That is how we become men.

I still have a lot to learn, and im grateful for the experiences i have endured in this life. For the love i have felt the love i have given, im excited to see what the Lord has in store for us all. I leave my testimony that I know these things are true, i sustain President Thomas S. Monson and the rest of the Church Leadership. I love you all my family with all my heart. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love you all
Elder Makai
ZAAM


My new Companion Elder Callahan far left from Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment