Monday 9 March 2015

Week 11 keeping the Faith

Keeping the Faith


Hi Family 
Sorry I couldn't email yesterday due to it being a public holiday here in South Australia (Adelaide Cup) so all the libraries and shops were closed.

Its good to hear of great blessings the Lord has given you all, mum don't say that because of me you are all receiving blessings. I have been reading through Alma lately in my studies and found that the Lord has said unto the Alma and Ammon and all those great prophets "according to your faith, and the desires of your heart will I grant unto you the things which you ask for. From your recent emails of you saying how your not worried about anything because your relying on the lord for help and the fact that you are acting on that faith by looking for houses and praying of such is showing your faith. So I say unto you, that it is because of your faith and the desires of your heart that our family is prospering in the land. I am on the Lords errand with the trust that he will take care of you all, but imagine if you all had no faith and were relying only on my faith and works? Its not how it works, for in the bible it teaches that the Lord "looketh not upon a mans countenance, but upon a mans heart" and if his or her heart is good, then he will grant unto them the desires of their heart. That is the reason that Joseph Smith was chosen to be the prophet of the Last Dispensation or as explained in Ephesians 1:10-11 the "fullness of times". For the Lord said unto him that "these people draw close to me with their lips, but their heart is far from me" something that I want to share and leave with you to share with our family is a principle concerning Faith. Now Faith is a principle of Action, and in James 2:17 it says that "Faith, having no works is dead, being alone." We will be judged not only from our faith but also the works that we do. We have come across many people that say to us that they are saved because Jesus Christ died on the cross for them. I pondered on that statement and read through Helaman 5. and in Helaman 5:10 it states "He will come and redeem the people IN their sins, but not FROM their sins." Though Jesus Christ died for us to cleanse our sins and loosen the bands of death, he did not eliminate our personal responsibility to do good works. We take the sacrament every sunday to REMEMBER him and to RENEW our Baptisimal and Temple Covenants. I studied a lot about repentance the past few weeks and found that it has been a principle since the time of Adam. Heavenly Father has made it clear that other than Jesus Christ, no man that has walked the earth today is perfect. We are all sinners, and repentance is given to us as a GIFT and it should be used every day. I am so thankful for the gift of repentance to feel godly sorrow when I didn't work to the best of my ability, which I strive to do every day. Yet I re-commit myself every night that I will work stronger, harder and with a stronger desire. I have grown in love for the people that I serve, for the family in my ward and for my fellow elders and sisters here in the ZAAM.

Again I say this mother, that your heart, and your desires have left a beautiful blessing upon our family. That dads hard work to provide for his family (which God sees as the most important social unit in time and eternity) has shown a marvelous love for the lord and for you all. Through the both of you working in unity to provide for the family temporally and spiritually the Lord is pleased and deems you worthy to receive the blessings that he has awaiting. So I thank you, for your hard work, your effort, your desires and your loving heart that has shaped me into the young man that I am today. I am Elder Makai, I know who I am, I am a Son of a loving Father in heaven who has blessed me with a beautiful family. My purpose is to Invite others to come unto Christ, and I am a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I testify that the things that I have shared, the things that ive learned and the things that I will continue to share are true. I have gained an unshakeable amount of love and faith for this Gospel. It is through the divine power of the Holy Ghost that we can achieve all things. Through exercising faith, repenting of our sins, being baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end, I know we will find everlasting joy and happiness. "Remember, Faith, Virtue, Knowledge, Temperance, Patience, Brotherly Kindness, Godliness, Charity, Humility, Diligence. Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you." These things I share with you, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love you all
Elder Makai
ZAAM
our Zone Leader turned up with Pizza lastnight


No comments:

Post a Comment